New Job Role: Procurement and Finance Administrator
Captiva Homes is a team of fantastic people, who have the company’s culture and behaviours at the heart of every aspect of what they do. A team that not only all works to the required health, safety and environmental standards, but also works closely with the Sales & Service teams to present homes that we would be happy to live in ourselves and provide an experience our customers delight in.
Key traits for any team member are taking a “whole company” perspective to managing issues, promoting best practice throughout the company, minimising risks, maximising opportunities, achieving the company’s targets and goals, and seeking to positively influence Captiva’s progression and growth.
Captiva Homes is dedicated to ensuring the right calibre of team members are recruited in accordance with the company’s core values. We want to create and motivate positive behaviours both internally and externally, creating an enjoyable working environment with customers’ best interests at heart. Excellent performance and positive behaviours are always recognised, rewarded and encouraged.
We are looking for:
Job Title: Procurement and Finance Administrator
Accountable to: Senior Quantity Surveyor and Finance Director
Job Purpose: Administration for the procurement of materials across all our developments.
Supporting the Commercial Department of Captiva Homes in ensuring the purchase of materials for the construction of our developments while maintaining detailed records to ensure projects are costed correctly.
Liaising with the site team and suppliers to ensure the materials are obtained to meet with the construction programmes.
- Provide administrative support for the day to day running of the commercial department.
- Act as the point of contact for the site team for the purchase of materials for the developments.
- Use the company’s accounting system to place purchase orders with suppliers for the supply of materials.
- Maintain a record of goods receipt notes for materials received.
- Match goods receipt notes with invoices to ensure that materials are being received and invoiced correctly.
- Input and reconcile invoices and credit notes into the company’s accounting system.
- Maintain a register of the costs of materials to ensure that suppliers are invoicing correctly.
- As part of the team, review for improvements in the purchase of materials.
Personal Characteristics, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office-based role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills to include working with Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Eager, hardworking yet humble
- Takes real pride in their work
- A strong team player with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Details & Benefits:
- Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Holidays: 23 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Hours of Work: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Location: The successful candidate will be based in Captiva’s main office in Bembridge
We hope you will enjoy working for a company that has a desire to be better, constantly evolving, challenging the norm and refusing to stand still.
Most importantly, you’ll join a team of passionate people who have fun and share their successes. We don’t just build houses; we have a passion to create homes that our customers are proud of.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a short covering letter, explaining why you think you would be the right person for the job, to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 20th May 2022.